The Internet of Things is on top of the agenda for most companies. While technology has existed for several decades, it was limited to operational use. The evolution of connectivity, Big Data management, analytics, and cloud technology is enabling us to converge these operational and information technologies to make machines smarter and drive end-to-end digital transformation. Initially, IoT applications were limited for operational activities on shop floor and data was not leveraged for enterprise use. With the evolution of Industry 4.0 and industrial Internet, customers are looking to leverage this Big Data and develop responsive and intelligent applications for line-of-business and industry-specific end-to-end processes.
As the demand for information and insight increases, we are seeing a significant increase in the design, manufacturing, and delivery of smart, connected products across all industries. R&D can utilize data from sensors, connected products, and other Big Data sources, to support the development of more reliable and desirable products that meet target requirements. This leads to increased demand and opportunities for you in the market, and increased access to information for both you and your customers.
What is SAP Leonardo Innovation Portfolio
SAP Leonardo combines adaptive applications, Big Data management, and connectivity in packaged solutions across lines of business and industry use cases, ranging from connected products, assets, and infrastructures to vehicle fleets, markets, and people:
- Connected products enable end-to-end visibility into product-centric operations and offers the ability to optimize compliance visibility and service availability.
- Connected assets link production systems and assets with manufacturing and maintenance business processes to reduce operational and maintenance costs and increase asset uptime.
- Connected fleets track, monitor, analyze, and maintain all moving assets, wherever they are in the network.
- Connected infrastructures deliver new forms of digital operational intelligence to transform physical-infrastructure systems to improve service, drive economic growth, and allow for more efficient and cost-effective operations, infrastructure compliance, and risk mitigation.
- Connected markets foster local markets, cities, and urban and rural areas to optimize the utilization of natural resources and assets; reduce emissions, congestion, and energy usage; and improve the environment.
- Connected people enables improved lives, work, and health by linking people and communities and providing better lifestyle experiences and opportunities for organizations to evolve into new business models.
- SAP Leonardo Bridge combines real-time information from connected things with business processes to turn extended supply chains into live supply chain environments.